Deddington Partnership Foundation Stage Unit (PFSU), rated as “Good” by Ofsted, provides play- based education, for pre-school foundation stage children.
We are based in a purpose-built building located in the grounds of Deddington Church of England Primary School. Whilst the PFSU is run as an independent charity, it is also run in partnership with the School.
Children normally start at the PFSU from the September following their third birthday. Children can start mid-year, subject to availability of places.
Working from the Early Years Foundation Stage framework we:
- work in partnership with parents and carers
- enable every child to make good progress
- provide a good foundation for school by providng learning and development opportunities which are planned around each individual child
- provide equality of opportunity
As part of our weekly planned timetable all children will have shared learning experiences with the school-age Foundation Stage children and their teacher. The time spent with the Foundation teacher supports the child in building confidence when moving on to school.
Our Early Years provision is shaped by 7 areas of learning and development:
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
These 3 prime areas are strengthed and applied through 4 further specific areas which we cover:
- understanding of the world
- expressive arts and design
Ofsted Inspection Report
In the latest inspection in January 2018, Deddington PFSU was judged by Ofsted as “Good”.
This means Deddington PFSU is effective in delivering a provision that meets the needs of all children well; ensuring that children are ready for the next stage of learning.
To see a full copy of the inspection report go to: OFSTED Website
We are open from 8.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
We also run holiday clubs during the Easter and summer holidays.