Deddington Village Nursery and PFSU work in accordance with the Standards for Early Years Education, as defined in the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage).
Using these standards we work to ensure that children learn and develop and are kept healthy and safe. Together with parents and carers, we aim to provide children with the knowledge and skills that provide the foundation for school.
The Prime Areas of Learning:
- Communication and language
- Physical Development
- Personal, social and emotional development
The Specific Areas of Learning:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Our Early Years provison is underpinned by a range of policies.
Our policies demonstate our committment to:
- provide consistent and quality early years education to ensure that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind
- provide planned learning and development opportunities which are based on the needs and interests of each individual child
- work in partnership with parents/carers
- provide equality of opportunity to ensure that every child is included and supported.
All our policies are listed on available here or signed copies are available to view in both the nursery and PFSU.